Monday, September 21, 2009

Waltzing into the Future

Hey everyone!

So, I decided a blog has been a great way to stay in touch with distant family and friends, so I think I am going to try to keep one up now that I am home! I have to keep a blog for one of my classes, JOMC 441: Diversity and Communication (http://weblogs.jomc.unc.edu/j441/), so I may occasionally be pasting articles or responses in relation to that class, or my PR Writing class as well. But I also hope to just catalog my experiences, learning, and thoughts. I have no idea where I will be in a year, so this could be a great way to document my path of discovering what I want to do post-graduation. Can you believe I will be graduating in just over 8 months?! Scary.

Here is a little info about my senior year so far:

For Class, I am taking
JOMC 441 Diversity and Communication;
JOMC 232 PR Writing;
JOMC 431 Case Studies in PR;
ECON 328 Internship in Entrepreneurship;
PSYCH 465 Poverty and Development

Poverty and Development is my favorite class so far. Case Studies is my least favorite (my teacher and I do not see eye to eye on the best way to learn). I'm learning a lot of practical skills for my PR Writing class through an internship I am doing with an awesome organization, Boomerang, which works with disconnected youth who have been suspended from Chapel Hill/Carrboro middle and high schools. I am doing different PR activities for them, as well as hopefully doing some mentoring in the future. My Diversity and Comm class has a lot of random projects and so I am learning about different kinds of social media and forms of communication. My group will actually be hosting a Radio Show this coming Sunday on college access and undocumented immigrants. I will post more info on that later, if you are interested in listening in.

Thats it for now, I must get ready for class! Be well everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment